Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Stage HAUL n' REVIEW

My mum and I bought shit load of stuff from Stage cuz they're having 50% off for all cosmetics and I believe 20% for other items. And they said if I were a member I can add on 30% for cosmetics (THATS 80% Y'ALL!!) if I were a member. To be a member, you will need a purchase of RM200. Me not being a member at that time thought I should take advantage of the promotion, and spend RM200 for the value of RM400! So I called in reinforcements and my mum and I combined powers to spend past RM200. We went overboard and spent more than we needed to eventually hahahaha. So I will be writing about what we got and what my (and my my mums) thoughts were.


Wonderluxe Lipstick
RM50. NET WT 3.8g/0.13OZ
Black plastic matte finish casing.



Size compared to my MAC Viva Glam. Feels slightly heavier than my Viva glam too.

#14 - POM POM PINK
Dark pink with a hint of yellow undertones. Matte.


#15 - PAPARAZZI PINK
Hot pink with slight blue undertones. Matte.


#17 - APRICOT ANGEL
Light pink with yellow undertone. Matte.



I think : The lipsticks has vanilla scent similar to MAC lipsticks. Fairly opaque and pigmented (i just need one swipe on the lips). I think these lipsticks are all matte. Correct me if I'm wrong! The colors I wear are mostly bright, so even when they wear off after I eat, it leaves a pink stain, but I've never tested how long it would last. I would warn you that the colors you see on display at the Stage counters are quite deceiving, so I would advice you to try the lipstick on before you buy it. The newer lipsticks still in the boxes are relatively more saturated in color.

I conclude : They're not that bad! I think I'm falling in love haha. It's easy to wear and pigmented. Definitely a steal after my 80% discount (that amounted to RM16.8 per lipstick!).

LIP LINER
RM45 NET WT 1.2g/0.04OZ
#03 - PRETTY PEONY
Pink. Long lasting and water resistant.





I think: It lasted fairly well and it's not too hard and not too creamy, so application went well. They had a generous color selection. Weren't as dry as my colorstay lipliners, but doesn't stay on as well as my colorstay did. But unlike the colorstay, I have to sharpen this. Blegh.

I conclude: Was also a steal after the discount (RM15.75)! Prolly would be nicer if I didn't have to sharpen the damn thing!

PICTURE PERFECT PENCIL CAMOUFLAGE
RM45. NET WT 1.14g/0.04OZ
#02 - TIRAMISU


I think: They were two shades available. This one was darker and was perfect for me. Lasted a long time on me. I used it to line outside of my lips to define it more and it did a great job!

I conclude: Very little selection, but comes in handy for precise concealing!


The swatches. From left to right, lipsticks #14, 15, 17; lipliner #03, and pencil concealer #02 respectively.

WONDERGLOSS LIPGLOSS
RM??. NET WT 5.5g/0.19OZ

#04 - DIDO
Brown with small gold glitters.
#08 - NARCISSUS
Pink with small gold glitters.

#11 - APHRODITE
Pink with silver glitters.


#08 and #11 respectively.


from top to bottom, #08 and #04 respectively. (forgot to swatch this on my hand so I did it real quick on a paper haha)

I think: They're quite sticky, but opaque and pigmented. It has a brush applicator and it does wonders to reduce streaky application. It lasts a very long time (I fell asleep and it was still on when I woke up! I can't recall how much it costs, but it's probably RM50.

I conclude: LOVE IT. A must have.

EYE SHADOW MONO
RM45. NET WT 2.5g/0.09OZ

#05 - BLACK TIE AFFAIR
Matte black.



#28 - POISON
Royal blue with blue shimmer.



#40 - GOLDILOCKS
Gold with gold shimmer.



From top to bottom, #05, #28 and #40.

I think: The blue was really good. It came on intense and was quite hard to rub off. The black came on chalky and the gold was so pale. The inconsistency of quality makes the purchase a gamble. I'm so disappointed in the black. My silkygirl black is much black-er than that black. Sad. I'll just use it for my brow I guess.

I conclude: Rather disappointing. Cept for the blue (which isn't even mine, it's my mums!) Not so bad after the discount tho. I might just get another royal blue for myself hehehe.

PRIMETIME PERFECTING EYE BASE
RM75. NET WT .3g/0.10OZ


I think: ... You know what? Don't even bother. This product is a complete fail. I used to use it before it got replaced by my UDPP and NYX jumbo pencils. It's too greasy and it doesn't apply on evenly.

I conclude: SKIP IT!

NAIL POLISH
RM35. NET WT .11ml/0.36FL OZ





#03 - PRETTY
Light pink with a pearl like finish.


#14 - EXTREME
Dark green with gold undertones with micro rainbow shimmers


#15 - CHARMING
Light brown with orange undertones and pearl like finish.


Swatched EXTREME on my hand. Sorry I couldn't get the rest. My mum kept them somewhere in her abyss of nail polish collection. : /


I think: They're think, opaque and dries reasonably fast. My mum and I have been trying to do losta chores the day after to see if they lasted long, and they do!

I conclude: A MUST HAVE. I only used one coat and they're amazing! After discount they're like RM12+ only!

STRIP SHOW NAIL POLISH REMOVER
RM18. NET WT 190ml/6.6FL OZ



I think: It's reasonable cheap after discount, but it's smaller compared to my Sally Hansen remover (which I have no idea how much it costs atm, so I can't compare), but unlike my SH, it doesn't make my nail dry and flake.

I conclude: It's going to be my official nail polish remover from now on.

LIP BRUSH
RM 30



I think: The bristles are smooth and soft. Reasonably priced.

I conclude: Not bad. They get the job done. Kinda wish the bristles to be thicker and longer though.

EYE CURLER
RM 35




I think: Was nice that it came with the rubber replacement. My eyelash curled as it should have.

I conclude: Don't know much bout curlers as this is my first, but it was alright I guess?


Overall thoughts:
Stage has pretty 'expensive' products, but once in a while, their sales makes their product worth trying (if it weren't for the sales, I wouldn't bother touching them). After experimenting, their lip and nail products are not so bad! I really love the glosses atm. Of course, if they had no sale, I rather skip them and find cheaper alternatives. They have friendly (at least the one's I've met) customer service and are quite helpful. But for that kind of money I'd rather spend it on something over-the-counter. Hope you girls give Stage a try and have fun while you're at it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger