Friday, February 18, 2011

Payot Beauty House eyebrow embroidery REVIEW

I've always hated the thought of getting my eyebrows permanently tattooed. Not only (what I've been told) that it'll discolor, if they get it wrong (i.e too thick or the wrong shape), YOU CANT GO CTRL+Z! 

After a long time away from home, I finally came back to Miri my mum had on really nicely shaped eyebrows. I asked her what did she do and she said her eyebrows were embroided. Now, I know when they advertise those embroidery eyebrows they looked really natural, but most of the time I'll see really ugly results, so I was really surprised to see my mum's eyebrow naturally done. I knew I HAD to try this lady out so I begged my mum to take me.

For you Miri-ans out there, she's the shop at (well technically, two shops down from) GK, between the bakery and the noodle shop :)

She provides all kind of cometic services such as facials and mani pedies. 

This session costs me RM350 to do and went on for about an hour. After a week when the scabs peels off, the eyebrows will look slightly paler and less red (I used a light brown color hence it looking red. I was told using gray might make me look 'dead' ish). If I would like it to be darker, after a week I can meet up for a touch up. 

The experience was new to me as I've never done this before. It hurt like hell! She was using this thing that you'd see people use at a craft store as pen knifes to scrape at my brows! Just that the pen looked more professional looking... I'm pretty surprised how my eyebrow hair manage to stay intact from all the scratching. I've heard the pain is comparable to getting a tattoo done, or threading (never done that either). The pain is bearable, however. I managed to not make a peep but my toes were curling in pain : /

A tip from me, holding a mirror or something while they etch the ink on so you can see what they're doing actually reduces the suspense. It actually calmed me that I know where her blade was going to scratch. But if you're squeamish, disregard this tip completely! 

Her business card


Took a picture right after. That's aloe vera gel on my eyebrows to reduce inflammation.



I think: The lady was really friendly the whole time. Although the place looks really small and humble, they had lots to offer. She's usually booked for the day so walk-ins are a gamble (this poor lady was turned down and she had to come three times to see if there's an empty seat!). More significantly, she knows her eyebrows. I briefly described the shape I wanted and she got it right on the first sketch.

I want it to look straight and ends with a slight curve downwards...

... was what I said. She recommended a 'sexier' look to make my eyes 'pop' more, but I told her I look too fierce already (no not the cougar fierce, the imma hit you fierce, but she was so kind enough to tell me I looked sweet. Awww :) ).

I conclude: Good service, reasonable price, professional job done in a minimal time. Yes. I recommend you eyebrow-less ladies (or men :/ ) out there that want a natural looking eyebrows to give Payot Beauty House a try! If you do, let her know you were sent by me yeah :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

in the first picture, your eyebrow look nice! And RM350 only?!?!??!?! Argh!!!

tattered equinox said...

ya it looks really nice! but if u notice, they're not balanced I just notice last night. One side is nearer to my nose bridge so it's longer than the other side lol. not so noticeable but my eyebrow not balanced!

Colour Implants Of Brisbane said...

We are using Yadah Quick Tattoo brow gel With at our studio & after using Yadah gel we got a huge responses from Our customer We make our permanent customers by providing our Tattoo services by using Yadah Tattoo brow gel. Visit our Website https://colourimplants.com.au/ For to see our more services.

Unknown said...

Microblading and Micropigmentation
Combination Package of Microblading and Micropigmentation

Kate said...

I want to try eyebrow embroidery in the Philippines because I am too busy and tired fixing my eyebrow but I am too bit scared, do you have any tips for me?

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger